This dish is true lip-smacking delight!! This yummy scummy prawn curry will have you licking your plate and begging for more in just 5 easy steps!
- 4 x butter / ghee
- 4 x bay leaf
- 2 x dried red chilli
- half onion (whizzed in a food processor or grated)
- 2 x tomatoes (whizzed in a food processor or grated)
- 1 x small can of coconut cream
- 1 x tbsp garlic paste
- 1 x ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 16 x king prawns with the shells on
- 1 tbsp turmeric (for marinating prawns)
- 1 tsp salt (for marinating prawns and to season)
- 1 tsp garam masala
Season / marinade prawns with turmeric and salt then lightly fry in half the ghee and put to one side.
Add the other half of the ghee, heat and add red dried chilli and bay leaf, still for a few minutes the add onions and stir for a few more minutes until they have softened and caramelised .
Add the garlic and ginger paste and stir for a few minutes then add the chilli power and cumin seeds. Add the tomatoes and stop and reduce by 1/3.
Add the coconut cream, stir in thoroughly and reduce until the sauce thickens to the consistency of a thick soup.
Return the prawns to the pan and stir, making sure they are cooked through. Add the garam masala for some extra ZING!! Garnish with green chilli and get STUCK IN!!!